Friday, October 1, 2010

New Blog

Dear Friends and "Blog Followers,"

I apologize for not updating my blog over the last few months. SO MUCH has happened since my last blog entry.

My brother's Steven's death took my whole family to Canada. I ended up staying in North America for three months. I did much traveling, enjoying the opportunity to see various relatives and friends. My travels took me up and down Vancouver Island, to Dallas, Vancouver, Calgary, and the midwestern United States for my brother Jonathan's wedding on the 4th of September. In the midst of my sorrow, God gave me many joys. Life is truly bittersweet!

On the 15th of September, my sister Elisa and I headed back down to Bolivia. We spent a couple of days in Santa Cruz on our way to La Paz. There Adolfo presented me with a ring. Once he talked to my dad and received his blessing, we were officially engaged!

I am currently back in La Paz serving as surrogate mom and homeschool teacher to Elisa until my parents return to Bolivia (Lord willing in November).

Suddenly my life is taking a new direction! Adolfo and I are talking about getting married in January, and it looks like God would have me serve Him as a wife and mother that glorifies Him. All this does not mean that I have completely laid aside my dreams of reaching the deaf in Bolivia. There is a large deaf community in Santa Cruz de la Sierra (the city where Adolfo and I plan to live), and who knows what doors He might open up.

In the meantime, I feel the time has come for this blog to come to a close, and I am starting up another blog: "Journeys of a Heart" (www.journeysofaheart.blogspot.com) where I hope to post irregular updates on my life and to share from my journey with the Lord and things He is teaching me.

Thank all those of you who have followed "Breaking the Silence"! And thank you to those of you who commented--you were an encouragement to me!

Celina

No comments:

Post a Comment